I would go as far to say that in our household, cooking is considered strictly a husbandly (and most appreciated) duty. I'm sure I could cook if I wanted to, but for now I think I'll leave that task to the domestic god I more familiarly refer to as Mike.
What I can do however, is bake. And no, they are not the same thing! Here is a recipe from my Great Grandmother's recipe box (literally) that is so easy, even the most domestically challenged can look like a pro in the kitchen!
Here we go...
GG's Apple Crisp:
1. The recipe calls for the open to be pre-heated to "medium," which we have worked out to mean 325-350, depending on your oven. We have a gas stove and set it on 325.
2. Fill a large glass pie dish overflowing with peeled apples (your call on the type of apple, but I prefer to use green).
1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. white all-purpose flour
6 tbps. butter
1/2 c. white sugar
3. Cut these ingredients together like pastry. For the record though, you can mix it all together with a spoon and knife and it works equally as well!
4. Sprinkle mix over apples
5. Bake for approx. 50min-1hour, again, depending on your oven.
6. Top with vanilla ice cream and eat! DE-lish I tell you!
You may ask, "why isn't there any cinnamon in the recipe?" as my co-worker did. I assure you, it isn't needed!