Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Mango, Pineapple, Banana Green 'Thickie'

So, I did try an entire week of the 'Green Thickie' Challenge (which you can red more about HERE), and I have to say that I am pretty impressed! In the 7 days that I consistently drank the smoothies for breakfast, I lost almost 3 pounds!
The only downfall was the morning prep time!  After a few days I decided to create a bunch of pre-made smoothie packs, with all the fruit and igredients pre-measured and ready for blending.
I've been trying a lot of different combinations and ingredients including beans, applesauce, nuts, cottage cheese, and various yogurts. I've come to the conclusion that the combo that fills me up AND has the best taste, is the oatmeal and Greek yogurt mix. The others were good (although you  need to make sure you drain the beans really, really, reeeeeally well), but I think this pair will be my go-to.
I went into this week really wanting to experiment with some pomegranate, but after wandering around the produce department for more than 20 minutes without being able to locate either the  pomegranate or someone to ask (and truthfully I as almost to the point here I wanted to throw my basket and yell "WHERE ARE THE FUCKING POMEGRANATES!!?") Sooo, I took that as a sign and went with manbgo instead ;-)
  • 1/2 Oikos - Greek Nonfat Yogurt Plain- 60 cal
  • 2/3 Cup- Frozen mango- 62 cal
  • 1/4 Cup (dry measurement)- Quick Oats- 90 cal
  • 1/8 Cup- Frozen pineapple- 35 Cal
  • 1/2 Med. Banana- 53 Cal
  • 1.5 Cups- Raw baby spinach- 10 Cal
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here