Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

LO's Crappy Crafts Part II.

Since no one confiscated my hot glue gun after almost destroying my wall, I have decided to continue with what shall from here on out be referred to as "LO's Crappy Crafts." I'm calling it that because while I do love to craft, I'm generally doing it on the fly Working on stuff like this tends to be therapeutic for me, and since my sick kiddo (seriously, ONE DAY of preschool and she's already gotten sick!) is sleeping, and my husband is not home to stop me, I am taking this opportunity to re-purpose something we already have.

I'm a Vermont girl at heart. I love the glass milk bottles from Strafford Organic Creamery! Clearly, as seen in the pics from our housewarming party, they can also be used as vases, and the resealable lids make them perfect for packed lunches. I have several on the windowsil in our kitchen, and was looking at them today while doing dishes and thinking about how to resolve the silent household battle that is the hubbster wanting the ugly dishsoap kept on the counter for convenience, and me stashing it under the sink for aesthetic purposes.

Lightbulb!

So, without further ado, I give you LO's Crappy Craft, Part Deux...


Super easy! Like I said, I did this today while Viv napped. It took like 10 minutes.

You will need the following:

Actually, you don't need the Red Bull.

Anywho, measure the widest part of your pump

Trace the measurement onto the lid in an X. Make sure this is centered or it won't work properly (and will look ridiculous)

Cut with a sharp knife, and place the pump through the lid (I told you this was easy)

However, at this point, like I did, you may decide you would prefer a pump that matches the lid. Originally I chose a black one to match the kitchen, but it just wasn't working for me! If you switch, make sure your alternative is relatively similar in size to the original. 

Hot glue inside the lid around the base of the pump to secure. Make sure you do this JUST around the base in order for the lid to fit and "lock" into place correctly

Let dry, fill bottle with the soap of your choice, and TA-DA!
Yay for crappy lighting! But hey, what's a crappy craft without crappy lighting?
Footnote: The opinions expressed are mine alone. I have not been paid or otherwise compensated by either Stafford Organic Creamery or Red Bull. I'm just simply a fan. I mean, I wouldn't turn down money to talk about how much I like them, but this time, I'm just a girl, sitting in front of a blog, talking about how much I like stuff.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here