I wouldn't call yesterday's creation an epic fail... it tasted pretty good! It looked disgusting though. I won't even compare it to anything, it looked that bad. It was my fault entirely... I decided to add frozen carrots (which I had pureed and frozen several weeks before for smoothies) and that just didn't quite work out the way I wanted it to.
BUT... drumroll please (because I know you're all on the endge of your seats ;-)... I made a different variation today, and it was AWESOME, and really did keep me full until dinner. So, despite the name being a little funky, I do highly suggest trying the "Green Thickies" (don't pretend you didn't already pin them on Pinterest).
Here's the recipe I did today:
- 1 cup of organic pureed spinach (frozen, prepared at home) 20cal
- 1 fresh kiwi (no skin) 49cal
- 1/2 cup strawberries (frozen) 24cal
- 1 regular (no flavor, salt-free) pack of instant oatmeal 100cal
- 1 cup green tea (cold) 0cal
- 1/2 a container of Voskos fat-free Honey Vanilla Bean 2x Protein Greek yogurt (roughly 2.6 oz... I would have put the whole container in, but a certain kiddo wanted the other half ;-) 65cal
I do recommend mixing the oatmeal and green tea in the blender for just a few pulses before adding the rest of the ingredients- it will make it far less grainy!